Impact crusher wear parts include blow bars and impact plates. After a long time of work, those wear parts need to change very frequently. When to change the used crusher blow bars? How to change the used crusher blow bars?
When to change the used crusher blow bars?
When blow bars should be changed.
- Normal wear. In order to avoid damage to the rotor, blow bars should be replaced before they are worn through.
- Blow bar break. When chrome blow bar crushes iron steel, it easily breaks; Some “problem” blow bars (Casting shrinkage cavity) also easily break; Other reasons results.
- When one face is used, the blow bar can be turned around to use the other face.
How to change the used crusher blow bars?
- Open the impact crusher as per the instruction manual;
- Switch off the system components and diesel generator;
- Secure the rotor;
- Visually inspect the wear limited on all blow bars;
- Visually check the blow bars for cracks and protrusions;
- Turn around or replace the blow bars as necessary
Notes on change the used crusher blow bars:
- For rough cleaning of crushing chamber, it is recommended to fill the crusher for several minutes with clean, coarse material;
- Always use suitable lifting gear and tack;
- At least two people should take part in installing and removing crusher blow bars;
- Improper replacement of the blow bars can lead to crusher damage;
- Completely extend the crusher gap before blow bar replacement in order to prevent a collision between the blow bars and toggle after new blow bars have been installed;
- Only operate the rotor if the blow bars have been correctly installed;
- Always replace blow bars in sequence;
- Before making the final setting, briefly operate the machine at the highest rotational speed, then check the wedge clamps; tighten the screws if necessary;
- Replace all blow bars even if only one of them broken;
- A non-secured rotor can lead to severe injuries, observe safety instructions;
- Always use conical spring washers with the clamping bolts of the tensioning devices. Retighten the clamping bolts after approx. two operating hours.