Unlike other types of crushers, the impact crusher does not compress its material. It uses its striking nature on the material to reduce its size. The impact of the striking is what breaks down the material. It is mainly used for soft materials to produce fine medium particles. It qualifies for all the classes of crushers. These include the primary, secondary, and tertiary. The impact crusher is mainly used to crush cement and concrete bricks for construction. It is also used to make material for road construction. Therefore, its capacity is to work on light materials like limestone and concrete.
The impact crusher has the following parts rotors, breaker plate, and bottom screen among others. The material fed into the machine is easily breakable as it’s off-dry nature. The finished products are normally cubed or small fine particles of quality. It has merits as discussed below:-
- Easy maintenance. It has a good crushing capacity. It enables it to produce fine materials.
- Low cost. It is to maintain in case of wear.
- High-quality products. It has the capacity to break the materials into smaller fine particles. It enables the machine to produce quality materials. This encourages effectiveness.
- It uses a lot of force therefore quality material is produced.
How does the Impact crusher function?
The material is fed into the machine which is the crushing site. It is then beat against the beaker plates as its being broken. Using the rotor, the material size is reduced into smaller bits. It is discharged through the bottom glass.
It should be noted that the bottom glass does not let out big particles. Therefore, the material is exposed to the same procedure until its size reduces. It is then able to pass through the glass.
The impact crusher has two types namely the horizontal and vertical shaft impact crusher. These are discussed in-depth as follows:-
The horizontal shaft impact crusher. It is mainly used to crush gravel, bricks, clay, and limestone used for construction purposes. It has a hammer connected to a shaft making crushing easy. It breaks its materials evenly and in fine particles. It is easy to maintain.
The vertical shaft impact crusher. This one uses more force in breaking the materials fed into it. It has a main chamber referred to as the crushing chamber. Its efficiency is managed by the high-speed rotor that helps in breaking the material.
The main objective of this article is to discuss the impact crusher parts and their importance. This will portray the efficiency of these parts to the impact crusher as discussed below:-
- The rotors. These are found in the impact crusher and are driven by the motor. The motor helps them rotate with high speed. Using its hammer, the rotor hits the materials. The material is hit until it breaks into the required fine particles. It determines the impact crusher’s productivity.
- Blow bars. These hit the soil particles to the plates
- Bottom screen. This is where the material that has been crushed passes to exit. However, it filters the material. Making it impossible for big particles to go through. These have to be exposed to the same procedure until they break into the fine material.
- The hammer is attached to the rotor. The rotor moves it at a high speed in order to break the material or soil fed into the machine. It breaks the material into the reduced size. It continually does the same process until it is broken down into fine particles.
- Impact plates. These are used to crush the debris fed into the machine. They are best if the materials are medium-hard like limestones and cement.
The use of the impact crusher in the construction companies has been seen to increase. This is greatly attributed to its effective and efficient capabilities. It is the best machine for producing the required fine material for construction. The impact crusher parts are also great contributors to its operations. This is because they facilitate the breaking of the coarse- medium materials into the required soil parts.